Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Multiplicity

Hmm, I know its the title to a movie where a man duplicated himself to give himself more time, I am using it just as a title to explain why I have more than one of the same doll.

BFC ink, the original cast: Addison, Calista and Kaitlin
were joined by the twins: Aliesha and Noelle
more friends arrived: Gianna, Yuko and CJ
and the Pen Pals: Brit, Elsa, Carmen and Nicolette (and the never to be Lily)

They did release the first 5 a couple of times, so really one could use the excuse that they are not the same person, even if the box names are the same. Each release the girls did look a little different from the others, eg, Hairdo, clothes, accessories.  I have a softspot for unwanted 2nd hand dolls, so some of mine were of that origin, and well, a hair cut, a hat, a pair of glasses can make a big difference, then of course the name and the clothes, and the character, voila new person.
Hmm, really I only have 4 girls (2 of each*) that would have been identical boxed dolls, so I haven't really been bad, the other duplications are by name only (I should say "So far").

Addison:  Maddelyn, Juliette,  Harmony


Calista:  Zoe, Callie



Yuko: Yuri, Victoria *


Aliesha: Georgia, Chloe


Noelle:  Leisel, Hayley


Kaitlin: Melody , McKinley, Kaitlyn


Carmen: Ariah, Josephine *




Face Molds: In my opinion, Addison, Aliesha, Noelle and Kaitlin have the same face mold, just differing skin tones, hair and eye colour. Carmen and Calista share the same, again just with the few differences, and Yuko and CJ are unique

Whilst I am yet to do it, CJ is the only boy in this line, and my intent/wishlist includes another CJ or two, to give him some mates.  Have seen some great ideas on Flickr where others have purchased more than one CJ and wigged them.

Is it very common that in any social group there is one of everything? I mean, one blonde, one redhead, one dark skinned, one brunette, one male, one oriental?  How many doll lines seem only to release one of everything (eg Barbie, Bratz, BFC ink). So my wishlist would also include Calista and Yuko.

1 comment:

  1. Ha I spent a bunch of time last night trying to figure out what dolls were released first and what their names were. Here you have it all listed out fast. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete