Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Helped by a little Grace?


This post isn't really about dolls at all, but I thought it quite funny when I realised what I had used.
After, hmm, 6 months, probably longer, I finally got a Super, 18", lawnmower. I think the 18" is the cutting span, which meant the jungle that was my back yard (no pictures cos its embarrassing), the grass probably was at least 18" high, got a clipping.


Of course, it did not come without it's issues.  The mower is sold in a lovely big box, the buyer just needs to attach the catcher, the handle and the levers and pullchord to the handle.
And it was done (eventually) and looked good, until I pushed it out the garage, started it and the front wheel fell off. It was funny really, after I fixed it.


Under the gleaming silver hubcaps the wheel is connected to the axle with that piece of wire wedged in a groove.


The offending wheel - no wire.  Not so groovy.

So Whats the Grace bit?

Well, Grace Thomas (the American Girl doll) goes to Paris, and by coincidence Paris has been in trend in the Kmart stationery section

(its a paper clip in the shape of the Eiffel tower)

Ah, okay then (just nod and back away slowly)

ta da.

I mowed the front yard, a bit down the side, the driveway, a path round the turtle pond and from the backdoor down to the tree past the clothes line. So there, and the wheel is still on.
That was last Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment