Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

From the Diary of Maddelyn Foster: an introduction

I've been asking Maddelyn whether she would like her own blog,



 she has a diary but it is in a book. She is still thinking it over as to whether she'd have a whole blog of her own, but just in mean time is willing to post on my blog here.

So for the first time going WWW here is Maddelyn Foster....

 Hi there. I'm Maddie.
Selfie.
Selfies are all the rage at the moment. I suppose with everything being virtual these days no one has any literal friends near by to take them for you? Catherine reckons they're nothing new, she says she was taking selfies 20 years ago, it just took ages to get them back from the printshop, depending if you had used the roll of film or not. Roll of Film?
 
This is my camera but it is digital, so no roll of film here, Catherine reckons this is what cameras also used to look like, but there was a door at the back that you opened to put the roll of film in and wind it on by hand to start the roll and then after each picture was taken, and when the roll was finished you had to roll it all the way back again so the film was inside the black container started in, and the whole thing was very light sensitive, so you had to be careful not to open the door until it was fully rewound.  I don't know, sounds like a lot of fussing about, and we wont go into what I think about things that dont have auto focus..  anyway this pic of my camera and some of the others I'll share with you will be taken by other cameras so my camera can be in the shot.

Anyway, so I might pop in once in a while to say hi on Catherine's blog. I do like my diary preferably in a book for my really personal stuff, hmm though I do suspect My Roomies of a bit of snooping, but well we'll see how it goes.

Hmm, um, oh let me show you around a bit of my world.
I live in the doll room at Catherine's place.  If you didn't know already, we're in Australia, on the east coast, in the state of New South Wales.  The doll room is occupied by me and my fellow BFC inkers. We are the majority anyway, the next biggest brand are the Journey Girls, theres a few Barbies and teddies, oh and 2 newbies called Karito Kids.  We BFC inkers each have our own rooms/spaces, the others are on the shelves, or visiting in the common room or the kitchen.
This is my space...
 
this is my desk, Catherine built it for me so I could have shelves, in particular for my Lego figurines.

this is my side of the room.  Must remind Catherine to make me a pillow, I've been using my jacket and keep getting the zip caught in my hair
 
My Roomies: this is Georgia, she is my best friend, well, was the first person to be my best friend, after Catherine

 My Roomies: this is Indigo, my next best friend
we 3 love soccer, the seats around our card table are big soccer balls.
Georgia and Indigo have a bunk bed, but we each have our own desk, for some personal space. We tried to make our room Black Red and White, but well the carpet ended up being grey, and Indigo's favourite colour is purple so theres are bit of that around too.
 
Downstairs..
This is the Kitchen. Ooh someones been baking ginger bread...
might just make sure they're ok,

mmm yummo, is it rude to type with a mouthful?

Outside.. a basketball hoop,  I sometimes shoot hoops with the fellas, how bout I go see if they're around and I'll introduce you.
 
 
The boys are in their room.  This is Jackson.
 
and this is Brandon.  Wave for the camera. I first met Brandon down at the skate park - skateboards, you know, and been good mates ever since.
 
Over at the camping ground is one of my other best friends, Lauren. 
She's so cool. Her parents run the camping ground and caravan park.
She does actually love camping so much her space is a tent. 

We BFCinkers got a tent for last Xmas, and plan to use it for a holiday. Lauren says she is technically on holiday always, and we all laugh, she has 3 little brothers and the caretaker cottage isn't big enough really for her to have her own room there, and she prefers a tent over a van.
 

and this is me again in my room, with a few of my favourite things- skateboard, tigers, soccer, lego.
Has everyone seen the Lego Movie yet, is was so good.  I tried to collect the figurines, only managed 3 unique ones so far.
 
so Tata for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment