Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Doll carry bag

 
Had a touch of Wednesdayitis today and needed a dose of dolly, so I went to Toys'R'Us to see if they were stocking for the end of financial year yet (in Australia thats 30 June, yes I'm a bit early).  There was nothing new except this - the dolly carry bag - I liked it so took a pic, and only $29.99. 
It's on my maybe list.
I sometimes take Maddie (BFC ink) for a walk in a back pack when the local Markets are on, for sizing in case there's something to buy, and she comes back a little skewiff (I dont think Ive ever tried to spell that word before) ie she needs a little bit of straightening up and hair brushing once home again.  This bag might just be perfect. She would actually be standing up.  I forgot to take notice of how the doll is secured into the bag.
I think it was fabric - obviously I was so impressed it stuck in my mind.  Might have to go back and look again. 

Just to the left in the picture is the Paris Meredith, and to the right is the previous Journey Girls carry case - I thought they had to recall them, but maybe not in Australia.  Our TRU only got Meredith, Kelsey, Kyla and Dana in the Paris release, that I saw anyway. No wait, Jordanna was in stock last year - thats how I got her, but of the regular girls, Chavonne and Callie were missing (the two I had still hoped to get - and that I can justify getting, must.control.urge.to.buy.same.doll.over.and.over - also known as my BFC ink collection (I feel sorry for unwanted 2nd hand dollies)).
I did ask a staff member if there was any way of knowing if and when more stock would be coming, but they seem to only know what they are getting when the stuff actually arrives themselves.

Oh, Journey Girls wishlist... for EOFYS I would like a Journey Girls bike.

I do keep telling myself, wait until after November, that you can go mad.  I suppose it depends on the point of view, but I feel that I have been on a very tight dolly budget since January 2013, when I decided to save up for a holiday. I admit I have lay-by-ed some things, and celebrated with a little splurge when I hit $1k, and sold some old jewellery to fund the lay-by, but overall now that I have actually booked my holiday (little dance) I feel quite impressed that I was able to do it.  So November woohoo, am saving up hopefully for a little holiday spending money now, and well as I'll be going international I may actually see some of the dolly stuff I only drool over online, in person (Holiday packing list: 1 bucket and 1 mop).

EOFYS = end of financial year sales.  If I time the lodgement of my tax return well, and well If I actually paid enough tax, I might get a little refund that maybe used wisely and responsibly, if I can control myself - on said holiday, or if I can't, on a little EOFYSing.  Hmm said bag is actually within the limits for carryon luggage, la la la....

No comments:

Post a Comment