Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Battat outfits

 Have been going through my "stuff" this last week, and found in my boxes of "Box Backs and Brochures" this.  It appears Battat called their dolls "Designer Girl".  I bought this in Target, a long time ago, say 10 years plus.  It would have been for a Toys R Us doll, Girls on the Go - Lil' Tomboy (who I still have but is in dire need of new hair, it is breaking off at the scalp).  I can't quite recall now what else was available at the time of this outfits purchase, but obviously the dolls themselves did not inspire me.




















It is the catalogue of outfits that was available at the same time as this outfit


I now know it was called Pretty Peasant and can be seen on BFC ink in That Battat Outfit
 and on Journey Girl Meghan in Journey Girls on the Fringe
 

And this is the pair of pants that appeared in Battat Pants, that I now know as Dazzling Denim, ooh I love that top, and the shoes and the bag.

So that was a cool find.

My boxes of "Box Backs and Brochures" ?
A long long time ago in the deep darkness of my childhood I owned two Sindy dolls. My favourite thing to do was go through the little catalogue that came with each doll daydreaming of the house and furniture I'd have and the outfits I'd get.  (I did find one of these little books in my boxes :-) too ).  It is so unusual these days for catalogues, I get the impression American Girl is the only label that does them now, and so I started my own of sorts by keeping the backs off the doll boxes, and cutouts from shop ads.  At one point I was keeping the entire box, but with no intention of reboxing the dolls or selling the box or the doll at anytime in the future, and space was also a factor I changed to just keeping the part that pictured the original doll, or other parts in the set.  Regrettably I did not start this sooner, but there you go. 







 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment