Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lauren gets AtTENTion

My BFC ink Summer Splashin' Kaitlin came to my place last September, and has really not benefitted from the house that I've been building.  Unfortunately there was no room left, except for an odd space on top of the pantry door complex, that only had short walls, no roof, other than the ceiling of the room.

There she is up top. I found my collection of little Xmas trees once a forest for Barbie, and some fabric that really wasn't any thing special but just to cover the bareness, and she had her outdoorsy scene (on the 4th floor as you do).
The storyline I had thought of for Lauren (her new name) was that she was a runaway and was going to campout, and well did not get to much more than a thought.
She did manage to get some fake grass to go on the ground, and a piece of cardboard and an old umberella to become a tent of sorts, but it kindof stopped there and hmmm

until..

Our Generation Tent arrived this week.  I had almost been drawn toward getting the Car and Caravan for her - a runaway with wheels, but decided that as my guys and gals range in age from about 12 to 15 ish, a drivers licence is not something they'd have yet, and on closer looking talked myself out of the vehicle purchase (I'm hoping someday to get the Journey Girl's bicycle, so there maybe wheels sometime in the future).
Our Generation Polka Dot Camping Set, including a tent (with tent poles in the picture, but they are not obvious that they have been included), sleeping bag, working lamp (!), camp tea pot, cup, plate and a stick with both a marshmallow and a sausage on it. 

Lauren


ah, tent poles hidden in the sleeping bag

working lamp (like it), the sausage and the marshmallow do come off the stick, so you can cook them one a time, the spout on the teapot does not have an internal hole, so pour with caution.

I found that if I put the poles together first (8 poles 4 joiners), and into the mid wall tabs, then proceeded to lock them into the X connector, - and made sure they were pushed all the way in it was then quite easy to put them in the fabric tabs at the bottom of each wall and it supports the tent really well. 

Lauren within. There is fly mesh on the front two part doorway, and on the two side windows.

very roomy
 
even enough for the local wildlife.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment