Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Marisol has arrived

 

 
 

She's growing on me, I can't quite word how I really felt when I first opened her box, but every day that I see her I like her a little more. 
Marisol Luna, I'll be changing her name, just haven't reached the right one for her yet. Marisol is a Spanish name meaning Sunny Sea, which is kind of cute, and with a surname of Luna - like the moon I guess not the big grinned clown at the Park in Sydney.  I got her book as well, which I've only flicked a bit through, but liked the idea of her cat Rascal and that she has luminating stars on her bedroom ceiling, those things I might keep.
It might be the age range, her age range I mean (not the recommended, though the + is limitless really).  I was a big Barbie collector for a long time, I imagined her minimum age of late teens.  Since 2010 Barbie has been in a box at my place and been replaced by the BFC Ink dolls.  I haven't officially aged them, but had always thought they were about 14 years old.  Journey Girls, a recent purchase, 12/13, maybe I was expecting Marisol to fit in there, but really she is more like the girl in the book, 10, if not younger. So whats the problem? I, um, I ............. (she can't explain herself)

So, madness aside, Marisol, American Girl of the Year  2005, now in 2013 that would make her 8 years old, if she was released only in 2005, hmmm  the body tag has 2008 on it.  I wonder, if she had a body replacement? My camera is not good enough to be able to focus on such a small image. There you goWiki seems to think it was not unusual and had nothing to do with the year it was made http://americangirl.wikia.com/wiki/Basic_Doll_Anatomy
 , so there you go, no conspiracy at all.
Cos its the middle/last leg of summer here I thought to take off her jacket scarf hat and shoes.  Unforunately after unpicking the cotton that kept the scarf knot in perfect condition I realised that the scarf had a velcro fastener to help remove the item without ruining the style (der).  Her clothing is really well made and I'm really impressed by it.
Her hair, a wig frightened me some, but I have to admit I'm impressed by how thick her hair is and when I brush it (yep even got a dreaded brush) it's so nice, and its thick enough to part it and  put in two tails without showing scalp. So there you go.

So would I get another American Girl Doll? Marisol would like a friend her own age:  maybe, I think so, when I'm cashed up again. I think I'd buy one from the AG website.

Hmm am plotting demolition of my BFC ink house type structures - to make way for BIGGER ones (and ones that don't have bendy floors, but we'll see, again funds are required to pull it off and it would mean making 8 girls homeless, and a bare halfbuilt thing for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment