Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

A sign of things to come?

I certainly hope so.  I was in David Jones yesterday lunch time, toy department of course, and saw some Our Generation brand items!!! A long long time ago Target in Australia sold the Battat brand dolls and outfits, I bought one outfit, I'd be guessing but I'd say around 15 years ago. It was a cotton shirt with jeans and a pair of lace up brown short boots, love that outfit.  My BFCs have inherited the outfit, the shoes location is unknown.  18 inch dolls are few and far between over here.  Toys R Us do get the Journey Girls, lets say sometimes. They need to restock.
Anyway, the sales girl at DJ's disappeared just as I was going to ask about whether they'd get more stock in, but not to worry, that can be for another day.
I didn't even think to take pictures, not to worry (tcbfad), they had one doll, one outfit and a white horse. They didn't have price tags on the doll or the outfit, the horse I think was $60-70 which I think is reasonable, and as it is right there - no postage expense.
I am not interested in the doll itself, personally I do not like the OG faces. The outfit was an orange coat, with purple scarf and mittens, was there a hat? again if pictures had been taken. The horse tempting, white with the coloured hair attachables

I'll see if Amazon has pics to borrow

I think it was this one = Holly

It was boots not hat = Thrill in the Chill

 From Hair to There Camrillo

I do already have two horses, one of which is white, so a very unnecessary purchase, and there is no more room in the stable...  stop it move on...

Ooh Amazon has a BFC ink pen pals Carmen, hmm at $99 then add on p+h, no.

I was thinking of making 2014 The Year of the Shoe, meaning I'd get everyone for their birthdays a pair of shoes, last year it was a laptop and bag, it was a success, though some were early, some were late, and there you go I've already missed 2 girls, (Indigo for the 8th and Charlie for the 9th of January, Happy Birthday).  I'll go on Ebay later and see what can be done about that.
I was thinking of getting each person their own definately their's pair of shoes or slippers.  Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) have some shoes that fit the BFC ink crew, and they are really well made and look real. 
I've got sneakers, tall black lace up boots, sandals and a pair of slippers.
BFC ink did do a wave of outfits with real fabric shoes, that were acceptable considering they were for a play line, but the BJD stuff is just way above, so off to Ebay I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment