Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

School - enrolment

I was thinking it was primary level (ie up to year 6 ie up to 12 years of age) and then wondered how old I actually thought my girls were.

Maddie is definitely High school, maybe 15 or older so Year 10 or more, but does not mind hanging with the younger girls (all her BFC friends are still around they're just in the cupboard of shame (my shame not their's) at the moment, I think I had hinted they'd gone off to college, but they haven't really, and aren't really old enough to anyway).

Are my American Girls as old as Maddie?
No, but then I kind of always thought Josefina a little more mature than the others, so is she primary or high school as well? And maybe is she the same age as Maddie after all?
Then there's Mercedes, she definitely has a high IQ, high reading level, and Maths, hmm, the teachers may need to find out everyones grade level, unfortunately their previous school records have been lost, so it may mean testing first day!
I think maybe, Emily, Trinity and Antoinette, maybe Pippa as well are the same age;
Mercedes, Miriam and Llewellyn would be the next year up (Mercedes might be doing high school level in some areas though), Hanalei would be with them as well (but don't tell anyone she's staying yet, its a surprise); and Josefina, hmm I think she'll be high school too, but not as old as Maddie, oh, they can catch the bus together anyway.

A good source for American Girl is the Wiki sites where for Julie born 1st of May 1966 her stories take place in  1975-1977 so 11 or 12 is alright for Llew. Jess is 10, and part of my inspiration for Miriam (with a dash of Julie's friend Ivy). Josefina falls in the same age bracket as per her Wiki page, born in 1815, and around since 1997 I think that is why I was leaning toward her being more mature, she looks it as well. Marie Grace (my Antoinette) is from the 1840-50's and ten - eleven in her stories, but only looks like a little girl. Samantha is also a little girl in her stories, and my version was only released last year even though the Samantha character is one of the oldest being  first released in 1986. Kanani is 10.  And well My American Girls (Mercedes, Trinity and Emily) just look young. So there you go.

Are my Journey Girls as old as Maddie or the American Girls?
That is a good question, I'm leaning toward the American Girls, just in case I want to include them in the same class.

The Karito Kids?
They are definitely older now they are the teachers, so they would have gone to University for 4 years after highschool, so at least 22 in this modern world. Lucky them first teaching position with my crowd.

Hey Catherine, make sure they've got a library.
Ok Mercedes.  Are you up to book two already?
Um, book three actually I just finished this one - it was sooo good.  My eyes feel a little bit funny though.
Oh, okay, might need to get you a light, or even check if you need glasses.
Glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment