Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Day #3 a big day out - Maddie stars at the Lego store

Tuesday did seem to go forever, we got back to the hotel bushed, Catherine wanted to go to see the beach, so we let her do her thing, and we relaxed for a bit.  Llew was really tired, her eyes kept shutting.

 
After Catherine came back, she wondered if we wanted to go to the Ala Moana Center again, as we had missed a particular shop yesterday she had wanted to take me to - the LEGO shop!!!
Poor Llew was too tired, but I put on my special shirt again, and off we went (woohoo).
 
 The Lego store was really easy to find, it was only a few shops away from the American Girl store - ah if we'd only realised that earlier, but not to worry, as this trip was to enjoy LEGO!!!
The store front was setting up for Xmas.
 
They even had the Simpsons house, doh! picture not so clear
The shop was really crowded. There was a building competition going on in the front part so I ventured down toward the back
 
Oh cool, if only I had the space at home.
 
 
Ah wow, I would definitely have space for this.
 
 
There was stacks of stuff - well there would be for a shop devouted entirely to LEGO. The back wall was buckets of coloured bricks, the side walls the sets for all different LEGO series, I could have stayed for ever.
 
Hee hee, the shop staff saw my shirt and offered to let me stand in the front window for a picture - the awesome Simpsons house, I was even given the store mans email address to send in my picture (I wonder what will become of that). The bag on my shoulder - I got a souvenir of my visit.
 
And outside again being dragged away.
 
This is me at home with my desk, and the LEGO minifigures I have so far.
 
And these are what came home with me - a I love Hawaii LEGO keyring (I had asked at the register if there were any Hawaii related things, and they had 1! in the drawer, wasn't I lucky), and the 3 girls I made.
 
Oh, this fellow, is really old, like I mean Catherine had this about 20 years ago (20!! she is older than that though) (hey, well, it is true (NB there is a minimum age recommended on toys not a maximum, except Lalaloopsey, I think 104 is the upper limit)).
This was when the face was generic, only the clothes and hair/hats would show whether it was boys or girls. This fellow was left behind at Catherines house after her nephew stayed about 10 years ago.

 
Even Hawaii keyring man has more detail to his face.
 
My new 3 girls. I tried to make a mermaid, a hula girl, and a princess.
 
I've had this one for ages, but one of my favourites is Skateboard dude.
 
I still had a little bit of pocket money left and so Catherine and I are checking Ebay for a proper Hula girl. We'll keep you posted.
 
Ah! Hawaii was so much fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment