Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Bed decorating

No excuse for taking so long. I started Llewellyn's Bed in November last year, and it has stood as pictured since then, the mess has come and gone but the bed frame has been as is.  It is nearly Llewellyn's birthday (July 4 - wow already!) so maybe hop to it and progress past this bare, unbed

Llewellyn wanted the frame painted white, like her Julie counterpart (hints have been made that this may change in the June American Girl release -see the Living A doll's Life post here  and here, there are some very keen eyed persons in the American Girl fan base.  I need get me looking more at the catologues (they can be viewed at the American Girl website under E-Catalogue - but I keep forgetting to check, maybe some day I'll work out how to get current paper copies. Hmm a holiday to mainland USA, putting my lotto entry in now.

Anyway, with the help of Miriam, and a change of outfit to more appropriate painting attire, the girls convinced me to move the bed frame into the next room so they could paint without too much risk of painting the wrong things. At some point a tidy room policy may need to be enforced, and not just for the girls (guilty chuckle from me).

Tub of paint, ooh that's heavy

Paint brushes spied

hey Garfield did you hear the one about .....


alright lets get this painting started
(that is a snake in the cage behind them, in case you were wondering)

I'll start at this end

Wow, nice and thick.  I'm not sure what I want done with my bed yet.

I went to get a cup of tea

Hey girls what you doing?
Just a friendly game of naughts and crosses (tic tac toe)
cos we're nearly done

wow yes you are, it just needs to dry now so you can do a second coat.

hey where you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment